HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

finally.... TWILIGHT REVIEW. ** SPOILER HEAVY!**

Go down 
AuthorMessage
anilumagloire
supply hoarder
supply hoarder

PostSubject: finally.... TWILIGHT REVIEW. ** SPOILER HEAVY!**   Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:35 pm

Here's my take on the much anticipated Twilight movie.

I am a hard core fan of the books. I have read them 3 times and I know I'll read them many more times.

It's a really bad movie, but I will definitely see it as many times as I possibly can. It gives me my fix.

I really hope she makes it a much better one for New Moon and the rest.

Here goes:

- I.LOVED.IT!

- ETA: the flash backs... OMG, they were bad, cheesy, unnecessary and just plain wrong.

- the hard truth is that it's a very baaaad movie. It will appeal to no one but us crazy fans who have read the book and are in love with Edward and/or Jacob.

- Pattinson's performance could have been great! If Hardwicke had given him a little more direction, and made him take it down just a notch, it would have portrayed Edward perfectly.
The face he makes when Bella enters the bio lab is hilarious. He definitely did not see his face in dailies cause if I were him, I would have demanded a re shoot.

- the way she did the sparkle effect on his skin is soooo cool. Looks exactly like his skin was covered in tiny diamonds, but not blingy. Very, very well done.

- the build up to the meadow scene was all wrong. Such a pivotal part of the plot demanded more set up leading up to it.

- the baseball scene is beyond cool. The only bad thing was that it was not long enough.

- the scenes where Ed walks and runs look positively comical. What was Hardwicke thinking??? Let's hope her future budget allows for better special fx or that she axes them all together.

- Jasper's expression is that of a man in serious pain. His eyes are peeled all the time and he just looks funny instead of pained.

- the Cullen cooking scene is ridiculous. I so wish they had stayed close to the book for that one. It was totally unnecessary.

- the kiss... Oh, the kiss. It was HOT and HEAVY. Loved it and it will definitely get you in the mood to have a major make out scene at home...
The way he throws her on the bed... OMG.

- Hardwicke wasted precious time on those bad vamp attacks when she could have made some important scenes longer instead. The hospital scene after James' attack comes to mind. It such a cool part of the book and in the movie it lasts like 3 min. Blah.

- when they're dancing at the prom, for the love of all that is holly... Some dance lessons, PLEASE! Some choreography for those two. They looked so awkward. He should definitely look like a much better dancer than that.

- I also missed the other 2 Cullen couples dancing at the prom. They are not even there Sad

- The convo at the restaurant in Port Angeles should have been longer and deeper!!!! The car ride after he saves her is such a crucial part of the book and it's nowhere to be found. WTF?

- when they show up at school together, I wanted to scream too. He looks uber cool, the attitude and the dialogue there perfect!

- the ballet studio scene was very cool but I needed more battle and more of the dismembering and burning of James. Come on!!!!
I thought Edward trying to fly out of there with Bella in his arms was cheeeee-zzzzy! And James pulling him by the foot, too funny.

- when he's sucking the venom out of Bella's arm, Carlisle has to stop him from killing her. I did not like that. Again he looks just plain funny making those tortured faces. What the eff was the director looking at when this was going on?

- James is so cool and so well played by Cam Gigandet. Amazing villain. Victoria's is great too. Laurent is blah.

- I have always been team Edward, but when Jacob gives Ed that evil look at the prom, OMG. I wanted him to take me too.
I hope they make him buff up for New Moon so his body catches up with his head.

- The two seconds the Quileutes are on scene at the beach is great. Sam is gonna be so amazing on New Moon!!! They definitely should have picked the kid cast as Embry to play the role of Jacob. He is such an animal!!!

- All the human kids are so funny and great in their parts. No over acting, no cheese. Just plain good.

- I could have done without hose silly diner scenes. Time that could have been better put to use on Bella's lullaby and the meadow scene.

- I wanted to cry when Bella leaves Charlie to go back to Phoenix. Very well done. Sniff, sniff...

- Bella's reaction in the hospital when Ed hints that he might leave was soooo bad. Another instance where I, as the actress would have demanded a re shoot. She looks ridiculous.

- the way he kisses her throat at the very end... Hot and heavy. More reasons to make out at home...

So that's all I can think of right now.

I am gonna watch it tomorrow and I'll add to my critique then.

What's your take on it???

Last edited by anilumagloire on Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Denise
crafty crafterson
crafty crafterson

PostSubject: Re: finally.... TWILIGHT REVIEW. ** SPOILER HEAVY!**   Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:32 pm

Holy Buckets, Anilu! You have an amazing ability to remember things. Are you sure you didn't record it with your phone? LOL! How in the world will I be able to wait until the 3rd. I look forward to the hot and silly parts. LOL! Since I have been delegated to Jacob due to you having a hold on Edward, I cannot wait to see the scenes with Jacob in them. Woo hoo!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://creativemayhembyme.blogspot.com/
Greta.B
supply hoarder
supply hoarder

PostSubject: Re: finally.... TWILIGHT REVIEW. ** SPOILER HEAVY!**   Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:29 pm

That is quite the review!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://i-am-unique.blogspot.com
akaliz
supply hoarder
supply hoarder

PostSubject: Re: finally.... TWILIGHT REVIEW. ** SPOILER HEAVY!**   Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:45 pm

i can honestly say that twilight is the first movie i have EVER seen where i've actually read the book first. with the exception of to kill a mockingbird and romeo and juliet (with the love scene so mysteriously cut out by dance party usa)...and, of course, those were both read/viewed for school, so i never really count that as an actual reading/viewing b/c i sure as hell didn't pay attention.

so, my point is: it was very weird. it's not that i had expected it to be much different b/c i knew in order to keep her fans she wouldn't dare change it all that much. but for whatever reason it was goofy! like when he tells her he's going to leave when she's in the hospital..hello bella! we get it; we know you don't want him to go...enough already! or when he first sees her in bio with the fan. everyone in the theater just roared with laughter. the book was much sexier than the movie b/c the movie was just downright funny. well, except for that one scene in her bedroom. hello! i wished i had a rewind button. i could watch that all night!

Anilu, i agree with all of your comments above! i do think edward should have been a bit more old-fashioned. there were not enough times where i saw that style that i had pictured while reading the books. i really didn't see that too much except for opening the car doors. after all, he was born at the turn of the century.

i really wish the port angeles dinner was longer too. that, aside from the kiss and him saving her from the van, was the best part of the movie. he could not have looked any friggin' hotter in those scenes...except sneaking in my window and throwing me on my bed.

i loved the kids who played bella's friends at school. just goofy and funny. really fun to watch them.

but, cheese and all...i loved it! i want to watch it a gazillion more times, even if only to see this:

anilumagloire
supply hoarder
supply hoarder

PostSubject: Re: finally.... TWILIGHT REVIEW. ** SPOILER HEAVY!**   Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:05 pm

I know! The hotness level on that kid is off the charts. My goodness!!!!!
I am going tomorrow again and on Sunday. I might even sneak out on Monday night after all those annoying tweens are in bed.

I also have to mention that their convo at the hospital was so cool. I love how he speaks to her, like she's crazy.

Greta.B
supply hoarder
supply hoarder

PostSubject: Re: finally.... TWILIGHT REVIEW. ** SPOILER HEAVY!**   Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:11 pm

hmmm...must have had to read the book. That picture does nothing for me. it kinda creeps me out actually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://i-am-unique.blogspot.com
Krazy Ki
crafty crafterson
crafty crafterson

PostSubject: Re: finally.... TWILIGHT REVIEW. ** SPOILER HEAVY!**   Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:07 pm

Oh my! You ladies crack me up. I've seen this guy on tv on some of the entertainment shows and I just don't get it. He really does nothing for me.... I can't for the life of me, see what all the hoopla is about. LOL...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kkruk.typepad.com
aimeeterry
supply hoarder
supply hoarder

PostSubject: Re: finally.... TWILIGHT REVIEW. ** SPOILER HEAVY!**   Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:17 pm

I will agree with ki that he does nothing for me outside the movie.
but in the movie, and book, that's a whole different story! i'm getting all hot and bothered just thinking about him!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mylifebyaimee.blogspot.com
scrappin{jewlz}
supply hoarder
supply hoarder

PostSubject: Re: finally.... TWILIGHT REVIEW. ** SPOILER HEAVY!**   Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:12 am

I have been debating about seeing this in the theatre, and you've made up my mind for me.. I WON'T be going.

I love the books. I have read them all numerous times. I was so hoping the film would be good, and as true to the book as possible, and it doesn't sound like it is. So I'll save my money and rent it when it comes out on DVD.

I don't get the hoopla about Robert Pattinson either. He is NOT Edward, and rather a disappointment in my mind. And his hair bugs me.. did y'all see him on Leno the other night?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scrappinjewlz.blogspot.com
butterflychick
supply hoarder
supply hoarder

PostSubject: Re: finally.... TWILIGHT REVIEW. ** SPOILER HEAVY!**   Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:33 am

I seriously think I'm in the minority of non-twilight. Haven't read the books.... affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://worldaroundvera.blogspot.com
moonlightgrrl
supply hoarder
supply hoarder

PostSubject: Re: finally.... TWILIGHT REVIEW. ** SPOILER HEAVY!**   Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:03 am

butterflychick wrote:
I seriously think I'm in the minority of non-twilight. Haven't read the books.... affraid

i resisted the hype for so long. i just finished the 4th book, and have to say that although i would classify them as a "light" read, they are definitely entertaining. i will also admit to how thoroughly engrossed i was throughout the entire series. i plan to read them again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://brightnessofbeing.blogspot.com
aimeeterry
supply hoarder
supply hoarder

PostSubject: Re: finally.... TWILIGHT REVIEW. ** SPOILER HEAVY!**   Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:56 am

I'm finishing up book 4, for the fourth time!
it's sick i tell ya!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mylifebyaimee.blogspot.com
moonlightgrrl
supply hoarder
supply hoarder

PostSubject: Re: finally.... TWILIGHT REVIEW. ** SPOILER HEAVY!**   Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:07 pm

i went. i FINALLY went. no influenza or kidney stone, no out-of-town visitors to stop me this weekend. it was TERRIBLE. but i loved it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://brightnessofbeing.blogspot.com
Krazy Ki
crafty crafterson
crafty crafterson

PostSubject: Re: finally.... TWILIGHT REVIEW. ** SPOILER HEAVY!**   Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:44 pm

you are all maniacs I tell ya, maniacs! LOL....

I'm with you Vera, haven't read them either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kkruk.typepad.com
Renee
supply hoarder
supply hoarder

PostSubject: Re: finally.... TWILIGHT REVIEW. ** SPOILER HEAVY!**   Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:51 pm

I haven't read them either...now worries Ki you're not alone lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ahandfulof.blogspot.com
scrappymom123
supply hoarder
supply hoarder

PostSubject: Re: finally.... TWILIGHT REVIEW. ** SPOILER HEAVY!**   Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:16 pm

i read the first in like 5 hours it was good afraid to see movie!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: finally.... TWILIGHT REVIEW. ** SPOILER HEAVY!**   

Back to top Go down

finally.... TWILIGHT REVIEW. ** SPOILER HEAVY!**
Page 1 of 1